Monday 11 April 2011

The Great Tipster Experiment Week 7 Result

Not my best weekend in the Tipster Experiment. I only won 1 of 4 bets. I was extremely close to winning all 4. In fact I lost the other 3 by a combined total of 4 points.(check out my predictions here)  However this week I will not be calling myself unlucky.

In the past 7 weeks I have bemoaned my bad luck in situations where I have correctly predicted the nature of games but have still lost the bet. This weekend I got it wrong on several occasions. Although I only lost my bet by one pont I expected Ulster to be edged by Northampton's pack, in truth they were pulverised up front. I expected Leicester to match Leinster, in the end they were 2nd best by some distance. If Dimitri Yachvili had slotted a 78th minute conversion I would have won, but in truth Toulouse were the better side. So yes I could have done with a bit of luck, but I got it wrong and the scorelines probably flatter me a little.

My hope is that admitting that I got it wrong will legitimise complaints next time I feel aggrieved.  Next time I moan about how unlucky I am I want you to remember this post. Anyway, I feel a big win is just around the corner.

Week 7 Results: Wager £10
                          Return £3.82
                          Loss £6.18

Total loss after 7 weeks £15.83

                            

No comments:

Post a Comment