Monday 21 March 2011

The Great Tipster Experiment Week 4: The Results

Ireland actionOnce again I came mightily close to a major victory only to have it snatched from me. If only Chris Patterson wasn't such a wonderful cover tackler. 

In the end the Irish came through stongly for me with a quite inspirational performance and the French got their win without really leaving second gear. At half time the Italians were beating Scotland and looked for all the world like they were going to stay within 8 points. Credit to Robinson's boys though, they played really well in the 2nd half and got the rewards they deserved. I've said it before (and been absolutely panned for it) but I have to believe that predictions based on sound logic will eventually produce results.

Once again I got all but one of my predictions correct, meaning that I made a minor loss. I'm starting to wonder if I should tweak my tactics. Right now my bets are all around even odds meaning that I need to win my accumulator to make a profit. Perhaps I should make some 2/1 or 3/1 bets so I don't need to get all my predictions right to win. The flip side is that I am losing just over £2 a week at the moment. That means that I only need to land one accumulator every 8 to 10 weeks to make a profit.  I think I'll have a look at some longer odds bets before I make next weeks selections. Anyone out there had more luck than me this weekend? Let me know.

Week 4 results: Total Wager £10
                          Money returned £8.10
                          Loss £1.90

Total loss after 4 weeks  £8.40


No comments:

Post a Comment