Saturday 26 February 2011

The Great Tipster Experiment Week 1

OK, I've had his idea for a while. You may have noticed that I have a bit of a tip for myself when it comes to knowing the game of rugby. So I figure I should put my money where my mouth is and prove myself as a tipster to the nation.

Every Friday I will post a selection of score predictions for the upcoming weekend of rugby. I will personally bet £10 every week spread evenly across all the games I predict, this will include one accumulator bet (i.e a bet that all my predictions will be correct). Every Monday I'll tell you if the bets made a profit or loss and by June we will know if I'm all talk or a true rugby expert.

My expectation is that after a month or so I'll have entire communities making a living solely by following my predictions. It's important to me that I remain in touch with my people so I will only be betting £10 a week and all my profits will be spent on alcohol, but please feel free to get involved and bet your house on me.

(Disclaimer: I take absolutely no responsible for anyone stupid enough to follow me)

This weeks predictions:
Italy Vs Wales: Italy to finish within 10 points of Wales 10/11 stake £2.50 (returns £4.77)

I think it would be a massive mistake to give too much credit to Wales for winning in Murrayfield, Scotland were deplorable, and I still think their attack is predictable. Italy will be hurting after Twickenham and are always tough at home. Very confident about this one.

England Vs France: Less than 40.5 total points to be scored in the match 5/6 stake £2.50 (returns £4.58)

Just feel this one is being so built up that it will be a low scoring, tense affair.

Scotland Vs Ireland: Scotland to win outright 2/1 stake £2.50 (returns £7.50)

I am Scottish so maybe you should take this one with a pinch of salt but to quote the immortal words of Ian Dowie Scotland have shown great 'bouncebackability' under Andy Robinson. Just fancy this one.


 Total return (including an accumulator on all 3 bets) if all are correct £42.50

Good luck chaps and enjoy the weekends rugby.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment